I think the sailing coverage has been awesome, both in quantity and quality! It would be interesting to know how much air time sailing is getting compared to the other events, but I bet it would be up there close to the top. And that would be amazing, considering that it is probably the most difficult to cover, logistically -- and probably the most expensive to cover, too.

I have never seen such extensive coverage of sailing at the Olympics, and obviously we have Gary Jobson to thank for this.

Sailing is one of the few events (maybe the only one) that goes on for the entire two weeks of the Olympics. I don't know how Gary is able to do what he is doing. His schedule has to be brutal, and everybody knows that he is doing this while battling a life-threatening and very debilitating illness.

They are getting video from powerboats on the water, from some onboard cameras, and from helicopters. They try to feature a different class every day and then also give brief clips from another class or two.

It amazes me how they are able to get all this video and audio from all the inputs, not to mention graphics, and get it produced into what is usually a half-hour program (including commercials) every night.

I have loved watching the 470's and the Ynglings and Lasers and Finns. It's fun to watch the tactics with the monohulls.

I don't like to watch the sailboards where the sailors pump their sails and they look like a bunch of butterflies -- looks more like pain and muscle than smarts.

The Tornados are going to be more difficult to cover videowise, and not as interesting tactically, I'm sure. But I hope we get a fair amount of air time.

Personally, I am more interested in watching the Star class for this last half of the sailing competitions.