When I started the magazine 10 years ago, I did it because I thought there was again a need again for a NAMSA Newsletter as a communication link for all the multihull sailors. I just called it “Catamaran Sailor” instead of “NAMSA Newsletter.” So, in spirit, NAMSA has been alive through my magazine for 10 years

YES…. your magazine pulls together news and letters and reporting from clubs around North America and serves the mission… "communication link for multihull sailors"! This was missing AND needed. The need for NAMSA divisions is the issue that I raise.

Now that NAMSA has been incorporated and activated as an organization, having a membership and a vote makes it possible for you to vote on any policies that NAMSA proposes, or you can vote to have NAMSA not do anything at all. So what do you have to lose?

Actually, I take the time to make these arguments because there IS something to loose. (I personally choose not to support NAMSA but love the Magazine). What we have to loose is energy, focus and standing in the larger scheme of sailing organizations in the US. The last thing you need is a group of cat sailors who’s fundamental organizing principle is HEY WE ARE NOT NAHCA setting out to duplicate a bunch of "NAMSA" regional sailing authorities for half the catamaran racers in the US… While the other half of cat sailors are REorganizing in the "NAHCA" RSA to recreate the good old days … MEANWHILE, the adult sailing world has solved this issue 50 years ago (BACK in the good ol days) and organized all the sailing clubs into RSA as members of the US Sailing Association. I just don’t understand it. These organizations work for Opti's up to 70 footers! What is so unique about us... other then we don't play well together?.... Why don’t the people who want to form a NEW RSA…. Take over as US Sailing Area reps. Why don’t they join their Regional Sailing Authority and use those resources to do something.

Take Care
Mark

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 10/03/04 08:17 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com