Hi Mary

Geez, Mark, nobody knows the scope of the problem yet,

Ok... Good. so we don't have a problem yet! NAMSA can slow down and let things settle out.

I agree... I don't know how big a problem will emerge for 2005.
I have a guess though... I predict that it won't turn out to be that big of a deal... I believe that clubs want sailors to participate and I think most will choose to give away the prefix Hobie as in Hobie XXX regatta and become the XXX regatta and keep the non Hobie sailors participating.

Why don't you contact the Hobie Division chair people or NAHCA and ask them for an update? It should not be a secret.

With respect to energy, focus, standing etc.
Standing: Remember, the sailors that run CBYRA, and do the vast majority of work at US Sailing are volunteers as well. So, When you approach them for assistance and announce... I represent, NAHCA, or NAMSA, they don't know what that means, they don't care and they wonder... Sheesh.. why don't they just join up and play ball like EVERY OTHER CLASS OR CLUB!

Energy, Well lets count. 10 or so US Sailing region people + 10 NAHCA people + 10 NAMSA people amounts to 30 people doing the SAME THING.... (AND MOST of this work never actually puts a regatta on the water) I am reminded of the joke... how many cat sailors does it take to screw in a light bulb???

Focus: Hmm... How in the world can you build a consensus around a common focus with 3 separate groups attempting to speak for cat sailors ?

Take Care
Mark

crac.sailregattas.com