The difference I see between NAMSA and US Sailing Multihull Council is that NAMSA is in total control of their organization. NAMSA sets the fees and disperses the money as it see's fit. We pay $40 dollars a year to US Sailing and as far as I can tell $0 is spent in the Multihull sailing council. Everything that we do through US Sailing is self supported by the particular activity. Take Alter Cup: We have the Hoyt-Jolley fund which supports the Alter Cup and enables us to get boats and put on the event. The competitors also pay quite a bit to enter the Alter Cup to cover regatta costs. If you want a Judge from US Sailing you have to cover his costs and any reimbersement. If you want to become a Judge you need to pay for the courses.

So my point is that if we run NAMSA separately but in concert with US Sailing we can help fund youth events and Alter Cups and qualifiers. NAMSA could provide things like scales to National events or support national events by helping to supply (and pay for US Sailing judges).

Right now because NAMSA is in it's infancy it's a little early to expect much out of the organization yet. But I can see it building and working with US Sailing.

One of the reasons I drew the Regions up just like US Sailing is that I thought it would help us to support the US Sailing Council easier.

Just my thoughts,
Mike Hill
Tiger #1520

Mike Hill
N20 #1005