Hi Wout -
<br>
<br> We all post and bring our personal human bias and offer opinion sometimes based on limited experience .
<br> -Having not raced many 16s HP cats , I felt the basis of experience I had on them limited the effective constructive input offered .
<br>
<br>--My experience and bias with 20s may be towards distance races , attempting to include all existing designs allowing higher performance modification to them and the understanding that the class needs to allow updating to develope with respect to boat weight , something as we look back at history of cat developement , and great designs like the Tornado ,understand that they would have vanished like so many others without allowing this developement to occur .
<br>
<br> You have a bias towards the 16s -promoting it as the lightweight quote "giant killer " --
<br> Also the always present anti U S --Euro first perspective ,--We all have to follow existing iF 20 RULES ,--regardless of very differing set of circumstances ,--and your quote to the effect above -{-the I-20 Class sailors are not going to support this } --I-20 sailors are the large part of existing posts and interest ,---Your comments like these are counter productive , and clearly demonstrate your own personal bias .
<br>
<br>--Will address the design points -for 20 CLASS reference
<br>
<br>-1-your assumption that boats should only be modified -
<br>
<br> We can of course allow both to occur ,-existing modification and new developement ,--
<br>
<br>-2-Your comment that heavier 18s will not have to update ,-
<br> again look at cat developement ,--Should lighter weight boat weight considerations only be allowed to develope in 16s -
<br>
<br>-You go on offering your opinion out of context to a designers post on the Tornado cat and weight effects . -
<br> You offer opinion on crew performance guesses rather than fact , equate these posts due to personal bias .
<br>
<br>-Briefly -ADJUSTABLE -racks would equalize crew weight effects and would have to be a part of a total boat and crew weight rule to be FAIR . OBVIOUSLY RACKS are not used BY ANY IN LIGHT AIR ,
<br>
<br>-Again posts are from a perspective of 20 Class racing in application of theoretical rules and there longterm effects .
<br> The sail area to boat weight scale ratio allows existing cat designs to modify to LARGER sail plans and spin areas .
<br> If we look at the weight of winning crews in National championships and races like the Worrell 1000 we see crews averaging around 350 and some above 400 on these large powerfull cats , now proposed to be more powerfull .
<br> The general concensis of top sailors in the class are that higher crew weights are required to race .
<br> We can always add a weight compensation rule if the majority of racing sailors believe it is needed ,-but after a year of racing this more powerfull breed of cat doubt that this will be required.
<br>
<br> -Did not sign up to get in personal opinion duscusion -
<br> my opologies if I have offended any , but this class will not be successfull if we adopt existing I-f-20 -no I-20S will partisipate per posts as we see ,--If we adopt I-20 sail areas no others will partisipate . -
<br> We are forced to create an innovative solution and hopefully something better will elolve from our efforts that may become the model for others.
<br> Carl <br><br>

Attached Files
3945- (118 downloads)