-Sounds good Steve -
<br> We need a more defined proposed set of rules before voting .
<br>-We need a concensis among those committed , maybe starting the e-mail group .
<br>
<br> In adding open developement sail area and weight rules to Formula we may loose several that are committed to the i F -
<br>-Some may go to the F-18 , but think a certain number will regardless.-that's o k ,hope to race it in N A sometime soon also . We have to work with 16 and-18 Formula classes , support them as well ,the 20s in N A will just be more developemental if their is suffecient support to begin.
<br> -
<br>
<br>-MORE DEFINITION -rules
<br> We are still talking about two different rules approaches for the class -
<br> -#1 -A total boat and crew weight ,-
<br>
<br>-#2 Sail area to boat weight ratio rule -
<br>
<br> -the existing F rules allow a larger chute size for larger weight teams ,-{evan more horsepower } -we may set this at 6 % or an extra 20 +- sq ft added to 330 -to a total 350 sq ft of spin for teams above 350 lbs .
<br>
<br>-A min class weight may be set at 330 , and allow up to 60 lbs to be carried to meet min .-A 150 and 120 lb crew could compete , but have a weight carrying disadvantage .
<br> We are already excluding many lightweight teams with this rule at the other end of the scale , we have to be very carefull about only creating a class for {heavyweight big guys } -though the 20 length will automatically attrack this feature with the extra length and volume .
<br>
<br>-The promotional and organizational commitment you have made is fantastic , these will actually be the main factors in getting this class going , -but lets build on a solid foundation of FAIR SAILING ,--of including all existing boats , allowing developement , KEEPING IT SIMPLE , INCLUSIVE, EXCITING , and FUN.
<br>
<br> ALL THE BEST -
<br> Carl Roberts -
<br>
<br> good pic in the caption of Dave and I leading the pack the first day of the Worrell 1000 last year , much to our surprize , you can right click and zoom in a few times , Team Sail for Sight - , we are going again next may ,-we weight 400 lbs --also my 6th , -so the name sail 6000--hopefully the goal anyway !!!<br><br>