MHB
<br>
<br>Yes, I know I am the only one pushing for a larger crew weight minimum. It is because I have been tasked to "sell" this to sponsors, monohull sailors, and the media/press.
<br>
<br>To be direct about this if a crew weighs in at 300 then they should go race formula 18. THere I have said it cut and flippin dry!! I am really at my wits end here guys! I have been very forth coming about what will work from the marketing end and what has been requested from the monohull end. One represents a couple of million dollars and the other about 15 crews (professional, semi-pro and olympic). I do not have not and will not pull things straight out of my back side to pound forward. I am a realist and a business man. Low crew weights drive alot of good sailors away, ultra light boat weights aren't pulled from existing manufactures stocks, and you ignore every existing infrastructure out there. You can not start a racing fleet like that.
<br>
<br>On weight, I know carl I need to do this on the other forum (sorry). Carl, what was the average crew weight of the last three worrell teams? Call Mike and get it if you don't know. I think both you and Marc need to look at that data.
<br>
<br>Right now I'm going to bed I have a headache and am irritable.
<br>
<br>Sorry if I sound like an assh##e But, I have been given my marching orders on what will sell and what won't and what is being proposed will not fly with the sponsors and a good segment of target sailors. You guys can decide, but right now you've tied my hands
<br>Steve<br><br>

Attached Files
4194- (116 downloads)