If I have to choose from the list of three boats provide I would scrap the N6.0 straight away and be in doubt wether to choose the H16 or M4.3.

If you are willing to expand your listing I would recommend looking at the following boats. I order of "would like to have" if you have the money.

A-cat (no taking somebody along though)
F16's (Taipan 4.9's, there is one 2001 secondhander at 7800 US$ in the classifieds. Stealth or Blade F16's)
Nacra I-17's and Hobie FX-one (although the latter is nearly impossible to right without aids)

Prindle 16 (Good cheap second handers and easier to right than H16)
Prindle 15 (Again cheap second hand and the Prindle singlehander, faster than Hobie 14)
Nacra 500 or 5.0
Hobie 14
Dart 18

Maybe you can even get your hands on a Nacra 5.5 uni

All these boats are way more interesting for your usage than the N6.0 and possible better than the H16 and M4.3 although I must reall admit than the spi package on the M4.3 will be alot of fun. M4.3 may not be a bad choice actually when limiting yourself to the 3 boats listed. Considering the low price.

I reply to Rick White :

If we are talking about a fast boat, there seems to be only two boats available.., the I-17 and the Taipan 4.9 (although there are some other F16 makes, but doubt if they are available in the USA -- check our F16 Forum)

I agree with Rick on the fast singlehanders, but would add the A-cat catamarans to the list. The Taipan (F16) is a very good singlehander. With respect to other F16 makes, the Blade F16 is currently build in USA by vectorwork Marine in Titusville Florida and will be WAY cheaper than all other F16's due to the absurd exchange rate of the US dollar to the Euro and Australian dollar. That with the possible exception of the second hand Taipan 4.9 in the classifieds of catsailor.com If you want more info on the US build Blade F16 than mail Matt McDonald at MMcDonald@VectorworksMarine.com

With respect to the Stealth F16, this boat is sold factory direct but at 1.33 US$ to 1 Euro the Stealth F16 comes out at about 14.000-15.000 US$ for US customer dependening on the tax laws per state. Not the cheap deal it used to be.

If you want more info on any of these F16 than you can contact me at F16class@xs4all.nl . I advice you go after the A-cats and I-17R as well, I'm sure other people can tell you more about these than I.

Regards,

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands