It's funny how a couple more have joined in with a 350 pound minimum as a class rule.
<br>I thought you guys where trying to create a class when now, you've killed it before it even got off the ground.
<br>I've even notice the excuse of 'we have more sail area than the iF20 boats therefore should have a higher minimum weight'. What happened to the argument that I have heard so many times from so many of you that the I20 has more sail area because of the different wind conditions we are subjected to in NA. When has it been decided that the 20 footers where meant for fat boys only.
<br>Also,If all the rules are being set to satisfy the Inter 20 crowd then this sounds a lot more like 'One Design' than Formula racing.
<br>
<br>Imagine what would have happened to the Tornado 25 years ago if someone had said 'Ok let's set a minimum crew weight of 350 pounds for the crew' ! The class grew for 2 reasons(and it had nothing to do with sponsors)...1.No anal rules that would eliminate over half of the people with interest in racing the Tornado. 2. The boat could and was built by just about anyone. How many of you know of an old wooden Tornado in your area, I just trashed one last spring(I needed the rig) and there are still 2(or 3) more within 300 feet of my club. One of them is in mint racing condition. This is how you make a class happen. No one should be refused the chance to join just to satisfy some few.
<br>
<br>BTW, I weigh 175 and in the last race I attended I raced with another at 195 on a Hobie 20. We raced against much lighter crews and we still had a lot of *fun(and did well).
<br>*That's what counts !
<br>
<br>open to all ...
<br>Marc
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>