Agent Orange/Rhino Grey F-16's in Southeast Asia.
Have been watching the debate on the sails re: super big head etc...here are some of our ideas.

The sails on Agent Orange and Rhino are from Goodall's although we do have a set of Ashby's (blue Pentex) that we haven't tried yet. We know these sails will change our fleet forever as owners of the one-design Taipan will be upgrading their kit in a matter of time. The 'new' sails are a vast improvement over the 0ne Designs in terms of outright efficiency across the entire wind range.

Rigs are fully 'transplantable' i.e. we could lift the rig straight off Agent Orange and it fits right onto the Rhino Gret Taipan F-16. That's where we see the outright benefit of playing with the F-16 platform here and at the end of the day it will really show up the advantages/disadvantages off one hull shape over the other.

At the end of the day, we hope to have a fully developed platform that we can ship across to Europe next year so that sailors from our Fleet in Singapore can gain some valuable experience by racing in Europe.

The sails fit straight onto the standard Goodall Wing as used on the Taipan - no the mast isn't shorter as someone commented. I'd expect to see our entire 1-design (20 Taiapns) fleet to 'convert' to the new rig over the course of the next year.

As per the discussion on the website, we're trying to get F-16 happening in Southeast Asia and so we set up www.formula16-asia.org sometime back. It will be updated shortly as we now have enough development taking place locally to warrant more attention.

We've already seen how the new 'flat bottom' shape like the Blade is a big step forward in the manoeuvering stakes i.e. especially tacking where it is amazing. We've also seen how much improved the self-tacker on the Taipan is compared to the one-design! The trampoline now has a useful area and tacks are so much faster - something we weren't really expecting, but a nice bonus all the same!