Greg,
Your original hulls looked pretty good compared to many I've seen. I recall you did a lot of work on them a little while back. Now that you've "Verted" your hulls they look great. Congratulations! If you applied the stuff correctly and continue to re-apply it according to the specs, you'll be a happy guy. By some of your comments, I noticed you misunderstand some of my comments. As do several others. You don't have to appologize to me. Listening to the feedback, I think we're talking past one another. I'm pleased somebody finally did something. Several times now I suggested some advantqages to using UV protectants, irrespective of brand. If it makes anyone feel better to use one instead of the other, by all means do so. Something is usually better than nothing. If you're the kind of person who's curious, or even skeptical, about the kind of marketing claims we are all continually bombarded with in this country, then you'd probably want to ask any number of probing questions to help yourself sort things out to your advantage, not Madison Ave. advantage.

I'm loath to open up Pandora's box (sorry Jake) and start discussing avionics. If I read this thread correctly it seems that it's more important to be right than correct. Jake is incorrect regarding whether these products, when properly applied, decreases drag. I don't think anything I can say will change that. I'm not even sure Rick's experiment will suffice. Jake and SteveH and those who doubt the drag reduction comment, would be better advised to go to a credible Physics Department on their local college campus and see if they can bend the ear of one of the post docs for an explanation.

Mary,
It sounds like you first must determine if this stuff makes things go faster in water, before you can move on and discover whether it does the same for an airfoil. I think you've indicated that your boat already goes fast enough, so I fail to see any advantage in doing a test. And you'd also have to move from the hypothetical to the material. I think the greater advantage for you may be in trailering. You would arrive at your destination with a cleaner pair of hulls or hulls that would wash the road grim off with less effort.

SteveH,
A six pack of beer, especially Newcastle, isn't much of a stimulus. Last time I was there the Britts don't even drink the stuff since they started pasturizing it; it's kinda like Bud for them. However, as I suggested a visit to your local campus may find a more willing taker. There is a caveat though, in addition to maintaining healthy skepticism when you walk through the doors of the physics lab, your required to have an open mind.

PTP,
Whether you need to use the entire kit depends upon the condition of your hulls.

In case any of you are still sailing out there, today was nasty. Steady between 20 and 25 and frequent gusts of 30 and better. As a newcomer I reserve the right of silence regarding whether we went over or not. Unfortunately no other cats were on the lake. There was a group of diehard boarders and some fall kite sailors out. Sailed an F18 all morning and a 6.0 this afternoon. We could take all but a couple of the boarders, I suppose because of the heavy waves. I'm sworn to secrecy so I can't disclose whether the hulls were coated and if so, what with. You know how it goes, ...orders from headquarters.

Daniel