OBJECTIVE DATA!!! Rick, you've at least earned a couple of bottles of substandard beer. However, not sure that it's 100% applicable. The surface tension of the droplet would play a part in the race and wouldn't on a hull. Also, in my googling of 'hydrophobic hydrophilic drag test,' I came across a reference stating that some coatings can be hydrophobic in air and hydrophilic in water. So if the RainX/McLube coating is hydrophobic/hydrophilic, which side wins? Yeah, I know, doesn't make sense to me, either.

Daniel, thanks for the suggestion, but almost half the people in my hallway at work are physics Ph.D's and I wouldn't trust them on SWAGging this nor on running the test. All I've seen for both sides until Rick's results is ad claims and intuitively obvious anecdotal evidence put forth by messageboard experts based on some other messageboard expert's intuitively obvious anecdotal evidence. I'm not claiming to be either right or correct, but if you can't bring anything objective to the table, then no beer for you. BTW, I'm fine with Pandora's boxes.