We have been through this before. Catamarans are in the laminar flow regime. That means the water touching the hulls does not move. For all practical purposes, as long as the surface roughness is the same, it does not matter what is on the surface.

Because wax makes the surface smoother a hard wax surface, should make you a little faster. Hydracoat, hydracote, etc. are supposed to work by adding something to the water to reduce boundary layer friction. The only data I have ever seen says you need a lot (about 1 beer bottle per day) A few drops wiped on before a race is not going to do anything, for very long.

I do not know how this, "do not wax" idea got started. "Welcome To A Fleet" has helped it and some other odd ideas keep going. I do know that knowledgeable people have told annoying novices silly things like "don't wax your hull and 2000 grit wet sand it with the grooves all going in the same direction" or "wipe the rudders with raw fish oil" and armor all the tramp to help you get across faster".

If you really want your boat to go faster, wash it really good at the regatta site.

I will not argue this point anymore, go look it up for yourselves.

As for vertglass and such, I used it on a monohull I was trying to sell. I think it is thinned water based polyurethane. Think of it as a delicate decorative finish. It is sensitive to UV and do not ever use harsh cleaners. It will look like old varnish. Opps or ammonia will take it off if it starts to look bad. I have never used it on catamarans.

It is slippery but that can be fixed. I use my leftovers to make non-skid. I add Interlux grit to it and roll it where I want it.

Carl