Culverk,

Jake is right, catamarans are not liked by those in the mono-slugs. It's mostly due to serious boat envy, IMHO.

I know there are some guys in DE that sail cats. It's not a very big state, so meeting them on a beach should be pretty easy. Feel free to walk up to them and start asking questions. We are a pretty freindly group and love to talk about out cats.

If you are worried about the general sailing lingo. get a book and read up on the subject. Winter is great for that. Too cold to sail (for most of us) but you cna always read about sailing.

I also wouldn't leave out the demographic of under 40 for getting people interested in cat sailing. I was in college with almost no money when I bought my first cat (Hobie 16) for $500. I found it for a great deal. It wasn't pretty, but it worked just fine. If someone is interested enough in sailing they will find a way to buy a used boat and get on the water. I even found someone who is giving me an H14 this weekend. My wife wanted a smaller boat she could sail solo.

Nick

Current Boat
Looking for one

Previous Boats
'84 H16
'82 H18 Magnum
'74 Pearson 30
St. Louis, MO