I have a friend here who is an all around cool person to know. He refurbishes and repairs boats. He can pretty much fabricate anything anyone would need for a boat. He had a person barter a double-jetski trailer that he offered to me if I bought the steel for the crossbars and rollers. It is plain steel but it will probably never touch the water. We usually just roll up next to the Nacra on the beach and with a friend, we just lift the boat onto the trailer. Anyway... he welded the crossbars on and I have the roller section setup to slide in and out so the width is completely adjustable. I have been borrowing a friends trailer that is set up for a H16, but it is too narrow for the Nacra. I have been putting 2X4s across for the boat to sit on so it doesn't get damaged by the rollers on the H16 trailer. I will take some pictures when it is done. It won't be as pretty as galvanized,(I'm painting it) but it will be extremely functional. It has a wider axle so it will ride much nicer too. He also is going to set up a turnbuckle system to keep the boat on the trailer so that I won't have to use the wrap around straps. I will only use it when I need to make repairs or when the storms come through. I need some way of getting the boat off the beach when the storms come through. I have been very lucky the past couple of years. I don't want to push it.

The best part about this whole trailer thing is that we are converting something that was designed for "smokers" and now have converted it to a sailing tool. Life is good.

-Rob V.

Rob V. Nacra 5.2 Panama City