SCHRS uses a measurement rule to provide a handicap.

All boats that are not one design in terms of hull shape and sail area/shape should all carry their SCHRS on their rating / class measurement cert.

Some examples where this is particularly important are development/box rule classes like the A class, F18 and F16 where the old boats that were measured ages ago (old A classes, maybe the Dart Hawk for the F18 and I've no idea what was measured for the F16).

The main problem with all measurement rules when trying to handicap "Box rule" boats is when the Box rule does not control (and measure) all the things that the handicap rule measures and uses to calculate the handicap. As this happens the F18 (for example) these boats have got faster and there are some in the UK that think that if (say) a Capricorn was measured under SCHRS the handicap it would produce would be lower than the current 101. Some think as low as 98 !

The A class has developed in a similar way.

Now to answer sailwave. SCHRS currently rates the F18 at 1.01, the F16 at 0.98 single handed and 1.02 2 up - as wouter says, this might (should / will?) change with the sail area change.

I also agree with wouter that SCHRS does hit single handed cats with kites a little hard. As for contacts, you could try getting hold of Richard Allen via the Tornado UK site http://www.tornadouk.com/

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here