So what post(s) are you looking to fill?

I don't want to get to specific on the public forum, mostly because I feel it to be wise to have the new chairman form his own setup. But the intention is to have a fully official international board of three volunteer and have that mirrored by local boards in each area. We are currently looking to fill the remaining two international slots. I'm not counting advisory roles etc. I think we are looking, at this time, at Chairman (not vacant), secretary (vacant) and treasurer (vacant).

I will see that alot of good stuff is in the pipeline; so this new board will have alot of things to distinguise themselfs upon. My 5 year stretch was the initiation of the class and showing its viability (initial growth). The upcoming stretch (may be shorter for the non-chairman roles) is the one that will introduce measuring processes, formal class associations and the first international races.

Personally I think the upcoming bout will be great fun as it could well the run of succes without the hard slug that was the beginning. But I also believe it to be very healthy for the class that I do not fill in any of the major post. I will probably support the new setup from a technical advisory role and that will be it.

Who's already nominated?

Not at liberty to say at this time. However I plan to step down this spring so we'll all know soon enough.

Is geographic location a consideration in respect of these two additional members required?

Not really and if so then only in the way that it is prefered that the different members come from different geographical area's. To bring balance in the international board.

Shouldn't this be another thread?

Yes, but I don't want this to be a "jump-on-in-everybody" thread. We must develop this in a gentle and well thought out way.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands