Sorry to be so late in entering this discussion. Let me attempt to clarify a couple of points.

I don't believe that we have ever discouraged suggestions either before or after the regatta and I've tried to answer the very few that I can even remember.

Jamie, and others, we are going to discuss your suggestions pertaining to sailing under a handicap system this coming weekend at the Bare What you Dare regatta. As you know, we used large open classes when we first started the regatta in 1998 and for several years when we were having 100-170 boats. This was very difficult on the race committee as I was unwilling to put my $5000 laptop out on the committee boat, sometimes in the rain, to calculate the scores and we had to do it on shore after the races. With fewer boats, this is not only much easier but can be done on a cheap laptop by the race committee out on the water between races. I'm pretty sure the race committee will seriously look at your request and I'm sure that Nigel and I will go along with whatever they decide. I'm not opposed to having awards for classes of 5 boats or more with additional awards for their finishing positions in the Portsmouth fleets. How many other regattas do you have the chance for 2 first place awards?

For those who attended the two years when the lake was way down, the red mud just couldn't be helped but the lake is near full pool again and we haven't had that problem for the last couple of years.

As far as traveling long distances, last year Rick & Mary showed up and if memory serves me correctly they only had to drive up here - they "floated" all the way home.

On the Spring Fever on-line Preregistration form, there is a space for comments. I read every one of those and either answer or pass them on to the race committee to be sure you are being heard.

I'm sorry I can't guarantee wind and weather conditions but over the years, we've had a mixture of just about everything but due to the three day venue, we have nearly always managed to get is some good racing.

Have specific comments - feel free to email me at: Mr.Ernie@TwinHulls.com