Here's a plan:

Gulfport Yacht Club (St. Petersburg/Tampa area) will host an A Class and F16 regatta this weekend, April 1&2, 2006. Why don't you jump on a cheap flight down here and hang out and learn about A's and F16s. You'll probably get some sailing time in as well. We have some excellent women skippers here. Jennifer Lindsey could tell you about handling either boat, on the water and on the beach. Ali Mims does a fine job soloing a H16 in Dunedin's non-race culture (day sailing, camping, drag racing, beer).

While you're here I've located a very nice Mystere 4.3 for sale. It has a snuffed spinnaker, trailer and cat trax, asking $3k (negotiable). You could look at this wonderful boat and talk to some very experienced M4.3 folks here who could show you how to make it sing.

If you're interested I bet someone would put you up at their home for the weekend. The weather will be 85 and "sunny". Do a Priceline or Hotwire search for cheap tickets and follow your heart, follow the boats.

Wow,
That sounds great. So far the 4.3 sounds most interesting to me. Everyone is so helpful. This is too short of notice for me to hop down there though. I have my sons this weekend.
Last weekend was pretty chilly in Pensacola. The weather sounds like it will be perfect. Sunny and warm. Something else I learned at a regatta is that my name is confusing. My name is Wendy. Sunny is a nickname my family calls me. You would be amazed how many times somebody said 'Sunny' or 'Windy'. I about snapped my head off thinking people were speaking to me.