Speed is also dependant on the tire diameter and how much you trust your bearings. The larger the tire the faster you can go since the bearing angular speed is reduced.

Again, drive so you can control your car and the trailer. Keep your distance from vehicles in front of you since you can't stop as fast (especially the smaller lighter vehicles that seem to stop on a dime).

I have found with my trailer and car I feel comfortable going about 70-75 mph on the interstates. When the wind is blowing I slow down since the trailer is relatively light and gets blown around.

Make sure everything is secured very well. I was coming back from a week long vacation in Vermont 2 years ago and was drivng behind my freind who was pulling his TheMightyHobie18. The front tie-downs failed and the bows lifted straight up in the air. While it was vertical it rotated around the rear tie down, landed on the pavement and was drug sterns first for about 500 ft until he could pull it off the road.

This all happened about 5 car lengths in front of me. Had the rear tie down not held it would have been a very painful (or very short) expereince for me. Fortunatly the only damage was to his keels and it was repaired.

It never hurts to have an extra tie down in place.

Nick

Current Boat
Looking for one

Previous Boats
'84 H16
'82 H18 Magnum
'74 Pearson 30
St. Louis, MO