13 miles to the notice board, and an hour of sailing to reach the course are both excessive in my opinion. I strongly suspect the reason for no protests in the class during the Miami event to be due to the distance. If so, it interfered directly with the racing. Not good..
In most Tornado regattas I have been to, it is from 5 minutes to 20-30 minutes max of sailing to reach the area. I have not been at the grade 1 events like Kielerwoche or Holland regatta (yet) tough, but from the information they send it dont look like it will take an hour to get to the starting line. Bundys comment implies as much also. But the Tornado always get the distant courses, due to our speed. Sucks big time when there is little wind and racing cancelled on the course. If you are lucky, you can catch a hitch with some pro teams and their coach boats back in, but can be a long paddle.
During one of the regattas in the south (Canaries?) the class refused to go out and race becouse the slower teams would not be able to return before it was dark, so Bundys comments are not whining about the distance but something the organizing committe for the Miami event should take seriously.

In the case of Miami, when it's already 13 miles to the official notice board and the 15 miles to the course, the launch/boat-parking area should be moved to somewhere closer to the racing area. It sounds like the Tornado is squeezed into an event without room for it.
1 portapotti for the 49er fleet.. Whoops!
No buoy boats or safety boats on the course.. Whoops!

All this is feedback the organizers should take very seriously if they want the event stay on the map. If they dont, even the olympians dont need to go to every event. Especially if there is just one major event on the continent. This time the Tornado worlds was in south america just before Miami. Next years the numbers in the Tornado fleet probably will drop.