so rather than just pack it up as Mark seems to keep preaching, bring what you have to the event or there will not be any more.

No...
Obviously you haven't read my numerous rants.

I believe that you race portsmouth overall... and split out your one design classes FROM that overall race... WHEN you can. (Carlisle... doesn't have three boats in a OD class)

Moreover, I think that EVEN if you get 7 or so boats in a one design class at a regatta... IF the OD class would leave 3 boats in a left over class... the Regatta Organzor should NOT give you a OD start or class.... In the long run... the three boats in Open will melt away.

Finally, I think you need about 10 boats in a class to have a reasonable level of competition within the fleet. Without keeping a close eye on this factor... the reasons to show up at a regatta diminish.

So... my goal would be 10 boats in a OD start and 10 in a portsmouth start to maintain the viablity of the sport over time.

You guys in Florida seem bound and determined to prove that OD is best... to the point to extinction!

But Take heart! ... you guys are not the worst.... the Mad catter awarded trophies to one design fleets of one boat... Now THAT is a way to grow participation in a competitive sport.

My question to you is... How do you think that a two boat one design fleet of F18's will grow the fleet of F18's.
It's been what... 7 years for the F18's... How is it going with this strategy.

crac.sailregattas.com