Sorry Ding, It's cold up here, so for the next five months we will "debate" online about how to increase our numbers, promote youth sailing and the merits of one design.

Mark: I'm just keeping you honest. I have always believed that giving away a lot of trophies, t-shirts, food, drink etc.. is good for the event.
When I chaired the 16 NAC in Syracuse, I promised my 9 year old daughter she would "Win" a trophey. To make that happen we gave away a competitor trophy to everyone that showed up.
The kids in the youth event cheered every team announced from the bottom to the top like champions. It was very cool and provided some insight into what is important to them.

Doug: I wonder if it does matter what boat you sail. It seems that on a National level that the H16, the F18 and the A cats can field large events. If more sailors gravitated to these classes wouldn't it make our sport stronger? I could debate both sides of many of these issues and am not sure myself what is best. Food for winter thought.

Happy Thanksgiving

Pat Bisesi Fleet 204