I am not even a racer, but I am a fan of cat racing, and a cat sailor.I follow the sport the way some follow football and baseball. I belong to Fleet 448. In the 10 years I've been sailing cats I have gone to a few regattas almost every year. I've watched participation fall off, and seen the demise of some fleets and regattas, like Fleet 28 and The Buzzard. Some of this I attribute to the "Hobie Edict", on the other hand a few Hobie fleets are flourishing, and "growing our sport" with remarkable success. I am so impressed with fleet 204 that I often find myself chanting along with them. If giving out more trophies works, I am all for it! There is an advertisement in Catsailor that has a pic of Pat and Sarah racing together. For me, that epitomizes what sailing is all about. Mike has been a great contributor of his time to 448 and division 12. He and a few others keep it alive and doing pretty well. If he can follow Pat's model, then we'll have another generation to pass our fleet and sport onto. But seriously, if Portsmouth is the only option, it at least means a start!