Mark,

The issue as posted in common interest, a club nor organization can accomplish this on a grand scale. This has to start with the simple enjoyment.
I saw you posted about beaches, from Sandy Hook to Atlantic City ther must be at least 100 landing area and beaches. If you want to meet other Hobie lovers
sail on down to Pt Pleasant, Seaside, Long Beach and surf city on any hot weekend and look for masts. a cat sailor also can enjoy the nooks and crannies many inlets have of dockside
liquid enjoyment and music.

A good way of looking at this is kids with the jazzed up cars, there may 100 of them at Seaside on any given weekend summer night.
They share a common hobby and enjoyment, much like we did in the early 70's. The use of club or organization not required.

Once again if you need to be around an organizatin to be fullfilled in hobby, perhaps its boring. I enjoy the sailing, companionship of other sailor (mono or multi), surfers,
sun worshippers, hardbodies (whew my first mate in bikini on tramp), beach clubs on stop overs, half raw hamburges cooked on driftwood fire, warm beer when ice can't be obtained
Jimmy Buffet music on the CD player, 10 shades tanner and a month of tanning and watching the sun come up after partying all night.

It's more than a hobby it's a lifestyle.

Mike

Attached Files
13530-h14jump.jpg (34 downloads)