HI catman

Yes, I have sailed off of Dunedin about 10 years ago and I thought it was a great sailing venue back then... (although you Florida sailors seemed to call it quits when the temps dropped below 75 F). Sadly we don't have such a public facility in the mid atlantic. There is no public beach that you could take your cat to and have a reasonable chance of meeting another catsailor, much less a group of friends to go play with. (These beaches still are accessible eg Sandy Point State Park however few sailors are trailering their boats and going sailing.) I firmly believe that such a low key activity is how people get hooked on sailing cats and the skill to handle them in all conditions. My proposed solution is to build such a group at an existing club or marina. It will cost each sailor money for storage etc however the hope is that you can create the social/fun atmosphere again. Competitive sailors can then participate in the regional Hobie regattas or start a club racing program and a junior program.

Take Care
Mark

crac.sailregattas.com