I understand what your taking about. There were a bunch of us who would go to as many of the Hobie division races as we could, almost every other weekend. While racing was important,the fun was the main thing. After all when you have 200+ boats at a event there's a large number of people going home with out a trophy. We don't organize fun events. We just go to the beach and if you show up great, if you don't, You get to listen to what you missed the next time you come.I think its to bad that people have to set up FUN events. To me, either it is or it ain't. Believe me there are plenty of people around here that do what you do. I enjoy racing and do well at it but because of where I am I enjoy so much more being out goofing around with friends.

Thom's right, almost weekly someone will watch me set up my boat and when I'm done they'll say "Wow, sure is a lot of work" and to those people I want to say so is sex, isn't it worth it? I do my small part to promote what I love. But they need to show me they have passion for it before I give up what I know. To those that don"t, "excuse me Its blowing the dogs off the chains....got to go".

Having the right place to do it is so important. If I had to deal with clubs and such I might find something else to do. Those of us in this area are very lucky to have what we do. I can set up fri. after work,sail out to a island,set up camp and enjoy. It costs nothing to park on the beach. There is a public bathroom with outside shower and a place to buy hot dogs and such.

Mike, we hang on the island and sail. Sometimes we head to Clearwater beach or to some islands north out in the Gulf. We just get out there and do what the wind and tide will let us. About 20 of us are doing thanksgiving out there. We'll have everything a person could want Fried turkey etc.,TV for the football games and the best part, a group of friendly like-minded people.

Mike

Have Fun