I came over to Key Sailing to take a look at the F16 and F17, seemed like a good chance to view these two cats on the water. I sure learned alot in a few hours.

Race 2.. ahd a great start, hit the pin end with speed right at the gun. Smoking upwind and heard a pop which was something breaking which required us to forget the rest of the regatta. Had to help my friend with his boat.... I will fill you guys in on that later.

An F16 came to the beach with a damaged hull, they quickly disassembled the boat and left. I think the hull was toast.

BC was holed while sailing a boat that may not have met F17 OD specs (special USSA approval)... mmmh? was that fair to the other F17 guys?

The F17 that was hit is a brand new F17, just purchased. The boat was equipped with the new aluminum mast & sail. (Class Legal)

From my view & some talk on the beach, three F17s usually finish ahead of the F16s.

F16 Blade very nice looking boat, nicely equipped. My ownly concern was the breakage that occurred during the first day.
F17 also nicely finished, definitely was a larger cat. also has a nice hardware package.

These are just my views
Have a nice day

Rich