Bill, It's not that easy!

Will your yacht club host an event for your class when you don't belong to US Sailing and are operating your class on your own RACING rules? I certainly don't know... change is hard for organizations... I can't promise that they will say "sure.. come race... love to have you rebels".

US Sailing could request that the Yacht Club/organizing authority not mix US Sailing certified events with multihull certified events.... just like the Hobie class Association has done for Hobies and non hobie multihulls at their sanctioned events. Now you are asking a club to duplicate its RC efforts...

Will we provide a multihull sanctioned judge for the Protest Room? Do you think the YC will have a positive view of the Instant justice in the Sand/ Arbitration system of a panel of competitors rulling on a protest?

Will we violate some trademark or patent or intellectual property by using the racing rules, appeals, etc etc?

I don't know and I am not pleased with the choices.

The 40 bucks is not that big of a deal... giving those bozo's ANY support at gunpoint just stinks. Moreover, you don't feel that we have a seat at the table and we could not effect a change short of homicide.

My hunch is that YC will not buck the system.

I think a big impact will be on the casual sailor/racer who races on week nights in a non sanctioned series... They might want to do one race a season... Now the price to play doubles and they are simply not going to do it.

Mark

crac.sailregattas.com