Thomas, this must be descided by the class not by individuals which means a ballot. If the majority of the sailors thinks this is the wrong direction for the class, then I guess you have to accept it and rebuild your boat. On the other hand if we descide to keep the rule as it is, then the rest of the A-class sailors needs to dig deep in their wallets! The majority of the A-class boats don't have banana boards and rebuilding them will be expensive and the result will probably give less than optimal performance. That leads to outdated boats with low resale value and a hard time for the builders to supply new boats to the next big event, great!

About the rules: Two rules has been added, min weight and hydrofoils. Why not remove them again so we don't end up as the only non foiling development class?

/hakan

You are still assuming that banana boards are an advantage. It's really early in this game and while I might agree that their could be some advantage in certain conditions I don't think they're going to be the ultimate end-all performance gainer.

Jake Kohl