I got a little miffed last time I was (again) told to shut up. I haven't visited this forum since; must be 4 to 5 weeks indeed.

I confirm that Scarecrow had send me the word file and indeed, I was fully intent on working a set out and present it to you all within days. Then I got the "advice" described above in a thread that was dealing with a rule misconception. That pretty much tipped the scales for me. A guy started mouthing off about a rule change that was completely in error (he didn't read up on the progress so far) and I was told to shut up for pointing that out.

I needed only seconds to analyse the situation. For an effective class we need a more strict ruleset then the usual suspects on this forum are willing to accept or even discuss. When I point that out I get the usual abuse that many are so fond of dispensing. So, I'm insufficiently skilled to achieve succes in any other way and I don't really need anybody dissing me personally for their own failings. I'm sorry, but you can all go to hell if that is the only choice before me.

No, I don't need more then an evening to get a good F12 ruleset proposal, one that will be well balanced and provide a good foundation to base a potential succes on. That is not in any way the problem. The problem lies in the fact that I really don't feel much like having it put through the irrational wringer that is the F12 forum. I can predict what can happen already. Some Aussie will claim for the 10th time that the mossies are below 50 kg and ask why the smaller F12's will be heavier. When explained he will totally ignore the given explanation that platform weight is NOT the same as ready to sail weight and bitch that he still wants the craft to be lighter then a given weight that has no further association with what is really proposed. If I want to waste my time then I'll go and play some computer game and feel good afterwards for beating the computer !

Now what I can offer you all is a balanced ruleset that revolves around the following concepts :

Equalize drag and equalized drive through abstract rules that do not limit designers freedom in a severe way. No rules on details or materials. There will be a rule that limits the F12 to using only ONE sail in the rig without specifying its shape other then setting a max luff length and mast mast length (sail hoist height).

Balance the ruleset such that the same craft can be succesfully used by the older kids, teenagers and light to medium parents (1-up) and will be light and inexpensive.

It will not be a A-cat like open ruleset of only 4 rules, that will in my opinion only lead to a mini A-cat class that will be less performant but still cost almost the same. There is no market demand for such a class as the F14 project has shown. I will not provide such a class ruleset when asked, somebody else can burn his fingers on that, but I won't.

I too sick and tired of all the BS, bitching and other monkey behaviour to consider giving this class more then a single chance and this is it.

If you guys can find a concensus on the above principles and still want my help then I can present a good F12 rulebase within 24 hours. If not then please don't ever contact me again regarding your F12 class.

I will not came back reading these posts and you can all work it out yourselves. If you guys still want to make use of what I can offer then mail me at wouterhijink(AT)hotmail.com and I will deliver.

It is a selfprotection thing.

Regards,

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands