I read the following message:

Now what I can offer you all is a balanced ruleset that revolves around the following concepts:

Equalize drag and equalized drive through abstract rules that do not limit designers freedom in a severe way. No rules on details or materials. There will be a rule that limits the F12 to using only ONE sail in the rig without specifying its shape other then setting a max luff length and mast mast length (sail hoist height).

Balance the ruleset such that the same craft can be succesfully used by the older kids, teenagers and light to medium parents (1-up) and will be light and inexpensive.

If you guys can find a concensus on the above principles and still want my help then I can present a good F12 rulebase within 24 hours.

I believe Wouter can write a very good set of rules for the class. He's been in this from the begining, has previous experience writing this stuff and his not-so-kind composition style and bilateral arguments, although unpleasant, have nothing to do with the F12 class.

This is not a kindness contest: we are looking for a good set of rules, he already has them drafted in his head and offered to write them for us.

My vote is to take his offer, get done with it and follow to the next step. We still need to struggle with the by-laws.

Last edited by Luiz; 09/24/08 05:57 PM.