The traps will not make this cat any faster . It can be sailed in almost all conditions without them even by a child of 35kg with the 7m2 sail.

This is good to know.

Note that if the F12 racing rules exclude the trapeze, it does not mean that one can't be fitted on some boats for fun or club racing (for instance). We have our own special local rules here for club racing. This also covers a jib, kite, hydrofoils and any other innovation.

I just think it is prudent to keep the INITIAL F12 configuration as simple and cheap as possible.

Home builders will certainly try modifications of all types. If a given modification becomes popular, the class can certainly add it to the class rules later.

By the way: I will probably install a trapeze, kite and hydrofoils on my daughter's boat just for fun...

Still, for the class I consider more prudent to adopt the simplest and cheapest configuration possible to foster growth.

When my daughter decides to compete, all she has to do is revert to the basic configuration. No big deal.

Luiz