The problem is that we have given the PRO leverage and flexibility and it has been abused not just in Iowa but in RI as well. The "trust me" thing isn't going to work any more we need assurances and it needs to be in the NOR. I have confidence that this will happen.

One of the goals in running a NAC in the 16 fleet is to "qualify" people for spots at the worlds. Worlds events are not usually sailed in "light air venue's"

The PRO should and probably does have that at the front of his mind as he is running the event.

I raced all 7 races that day, and during the 6th and 7th races, we were no longer competing, we were just "surviving". However, that was day three of the event and we only had two races in the bag for the first two days.

Knowing the wind cast for Thursday and Friday, I understood and agreed with PU's decision to run the 7 races even tho it was exceedingly hard on the competitors. Even tho I didn't enjoy those last two races, I do not feel that PU "abused" his authority.

I would be opposed to a set of sailing instructions that specifies a maximum number of races to be run on any given day unless it gives the PRO the flexibility to make adjustments that take into account unforseen circumstances.

We as a Class Association, or as the Organizing authority, select PRO's based on their wisdom and experience, Let the PRO do his job as he sees fit without trying to micro manage him based on personal preferences or feelings. If he abuses his power and authority at a particular event, take his name off of the list of potential PRO's for future events.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain