Start a process to get ice sailing into the winter games

Or landyachting into the summer games. More nations have good landsailing spots then good waterfronts, especially third world nations. Iceyachting/landyachting is also alot easier to televise.

Classes to think about in landyachting, Blokart, Promo. Both are tightly controlled inexpensive classes. Promo is the best option in my opinion with speeds above 80 km/u and race-cars going for 3500-4500 Euro's.

I think it would be good for the multihull committee to profile itself as looking beyond their own direct interests (multihulls) as that would strengthen the position to include the multies next to the mono's as well. Inclusiveness to all !

I'm all onboard for :

{quote]
Start a process to get tracking more accessible for TV/spectators (like virtual spectator, but cheap and accessible for event organizers).
[/quote]

Also educate the committees mildly about the fact that SMOD isn't a dime less expensive or better then a well regulated formula setup. The boards are already formula, cats as good as. SMOD is actually more expensive to poorer nations as they can't locally produce !

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands