John,

first, good luck at the meeting. Great work on your part and the many others who have been involved with this effort. My #1 priority is still getting a multihull back into the Olympics. Beyond that, I think that there are many other issues that need to be addressed, but am not sure what can be addressed at this meeting.

First is the racing format and accessibility to the viewers. I am not saying that the iShares format would work in the Olympics, but as far as accessibility and excitement it seems to be working very well. Right now throughout the different classes there are different race courses and to the viewer that creates confusion to non-sailors. Standardize the race courses. Add a distance race into the format. Switch courses progressively through the games. Windward/leeward, add a reaching leg another day and so-on. Focus on media coverage. Get a worldwide push on youth development, not just in cat classes, but sailing in general. While, I will never make the Olympics, I would like to help in this effort. I like what the ITA is doing to change the perception of the class, but overall going to strict one-design is not going to really change the costs in the class all that much. Clear up the voting proccess so that what happened last November cannot happen again. Change in voting proceedures, building coalitions away from the vote, manipulating the outcome to your favor and so on. Get gender equality and adopt the five disciplines approach to the sport. Those are my views John. Again, good luck and let us know how we can best support your efforts. Thank you.

Tom Siders
A-Cat USA-79
Tornado US775