Sail/configuration change is covered there, which was the "big topic" further up in the thread.

I am used to a standarized format (windward-leeward, three laps) and always have to think through things if things are changed from that. Got a DNF and lost a 2 place at an event once becouse the RC decided to throw in a W/L-trapezoid with a finish to windward the last day at an event once. We messed it up royally so it was our own fault, but we were not happy smile

SIs have to accomodate local conditions so 'standarized SIs' will have to be adapted, but it is a good idea as far as I can tell. If you set up a proposal I'll bring it to the GC and the members forum.

Developing sails and training specifically for an event is taking it a bit too far IMHO. We are not there yet and I hope we dont get there either. That is olympic leve stuff, and even they dont get it right. Gambling for a light wind or strong wind event is just that, gambling. Top level competition is about minimizing risk in my opinion, not gambling.