Ok Pete, then why are F16 entering an Alter cup qualifier? is that a "happy-goodtimes-lets have fun race"?

and is the Alter cup itself a happy, fun regatta like your 2 day cruise up and down the coast? I seem to remember F16's even being used in the Alter cup?

Or maybe I have missed it and F16 is actually just a class for people to simply sail on a social basis with no intention of proper racing at all? If thats the case why even bother with rules? Just have a "run what you brung" class and when the day is over you can all sit around the campfire and swap stories about how great the day was, simple hey!

Or even more to the point, why bother submitting your class rules to the ISAF conference in Madrid next week?

Some people take the weekend club race deadly serious, others go to a Worlds to relax and have some fun. But you can't be the one to judge then for their approach to an event.

If their behaviour is unreasonable to you but within the rules then I guess you just have to suck it up and deal with it. Or go play elsewhere.

Last edited by macca; 11/02/08 10:39 AM.