I love it when a stranger with one post come in to stir in some crap that makes no sense. Makes me wondering who created a new account...

Anyway, I'm going to answer that. SCHRS is not a "new rating sytem". It is the ISAF sanctioned rating system for small cats. It is measurement based. This is the rating system used in all civilized places for handicap catamaran racing (That was a flame bait, let's see who bites!).

Texel is another rating system, used by the Texel race once a year, which is also measurement based.

Measurement rating will never change, unless the boat changes as well. There is no 'adjustement' over time, sending of race result to a central point, and changes of rating from one year to the other based on whim, peer pressure or exceptionally good result from one guy.

For the subject at hand it is important to note that the difference in minutes after an hour of racing between .982, 1.005 and 1.008 is barely significant anyway: just a little over a minute. You are more likely to lose the race because of a really bad tack than you are from the rating...

And to conclude, handicap racing is an approximation, there is no fair way to compare apples and oranges anyway. Sail your F16 with other F16, your F18 with other F18 and see how you compare.