Originally Posted by Dermot
I am not talking about gun deaths in relation to drownings or car crashes. I am talking about gun deaths in relation to other countries where private ownership of guns is not allowed.
Do you not realise how many gun deaths you have compared to almost every other modern country ?

I don't have the answer to the questions I am about to ask but....when comparing statistics to how many children were killed by guns in the US versus another country, it is only truely relevant if compare the percentage of gun deaths in the US to the percentage of gun death in another country. If my population is bigger than your population the numbers will always be bigger, percentages are usually stable. All though I would not be surprised that the precentage would be higher here than in a country that had a gun ban. I would be more interested to know what the different life expectancy is of individuals in each country. Either way I do agree with the statement that "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Agree or don't, rather there is a gun or not, people will die because of other peoples actions. The solution is not eliminating the guns but rather addressing the issues that cause someone to pull a gun on another person. I can say from experience that I would never want to use a gun on another person AGAIN, but if put in the same situation as six years ago, I would.

Collin Casey
Infusion Platform + C2 rig and rags = one fast cookie