Originally Posted by JeffS

Come on Wouter try only posting when your not pissed.
I have two 11ft Arafura Cadet cats on the water at the moment which qualify as F12's they are a great novice cat that a parent and child can sail together. The F12's I will build will be a better platform for people to learn on or kids to sail. The delay in getting my F12's meant that my kids learnt to happily sail 14ft Arrow cats so they dont see the need to drop down to a 12ft cat. That may change once my first F12's on the water with its high profile rig and only 0.6m2 sail area less than a 14ft Arrow. Look back at the original posts when the whole F12 concept started, it was to introduce inexpensive easy to build, light to handle, easy to rig cats that introduces people to catamaran sailing. This project has accomplished that, any body with an old cat thats hulls are rotten can slide F12 hulls under their hardware and be sailing in a couple of weeks.

Hi Jeff,

I have just started sailing again after a break of about 20 years. I am currently sailing an old Cobra. My two girls (9 and 7) are enjoying sailing with me and are really keen to learn themselves. I think it would be great to get them into an Arafura Cadet. Where did you get yours from? Were they second hand or did you build them? I'd be interested to know more details.

Also - what are the other boats that the kids are sailing at your club? I think you mentioned 20 kids sailing 5 boats.

Are you still planning to take the F12 to Sauna Sail? Perhaps I'll see you there.

Regards,

Matthew

Currently between boats
Previously …
Cobra 570
Cobra 581
Mosquito 126
Arafura Cadet 738