Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
No the FXone has a fat butt not the Falcon, just in term of weight.

The FX has a ton of volume, and its lower than it is on the Falcon. Another thing that I like about the shape is the top of the FX bow is more rounded then the Falcon, and much more so than the Blades. That's what I was getting at. The truth is that every boat see's a wide variation in conditions, even if you are just a lake sailor, or just an ocean sailor. Conditions overlap. I'm just shooting generalizations. In lighter conditions there's actually too much volume up front, its really hard for a lightweight to get the nose pushed in. But when the wind is up, its a god send. I did manage to pitch it this past weekend with out the kite up going down wind. Should've pulled the boards up, probably never would've happened.

If you think the FX1 hull shape is very bouyant then you should try the Stealth for example, I was shocked when I had a sail on the FX1 just how easy it was to get the nose down and I was surprised just how when the nose did go down how it would continue to almost drive itself down, it was a bit of an eye opener to say the least.

A very sexy shape that just doesn't do what is advertised on the tin in my opinion. In saying that is it a good boat, yes definately for its design age, just things have now got better as we understand more things about very flat spinnakers and the forces they impose.