I was shocked when I had a sail on the FX1 just how easy it was to get the nose down and I was surprised just how when the nose did go down how it would continue to almost drive itself down, it was a bit of an eye opener to say the least.

Guys,

maybe you should really name this threat the FX-1 bashing threat. It is not about the price of the Icat, or what is in the package, it is just silly F16 power branding.
I don't belief that anybody can judge a boat after one time sailing. You need some hours to learn how to trim. Remember how was your first trip on a F16. An you never got the bows under water, right?

Ok. back to the topic. Even without a spi, I think that the 17000EUR is a fair price for an all carbon boat, assuming good equipement and a modern sail. Apart from that, I like the fact that Hobie is renewing it's fleet of performance boats, committing to modern (or different) materials, sailcut and layout (the Pearl has a furled genaker for example). In the long term it is good for all sailors.

Cheers,

Klaus