My name is Eddie Moran. I am a novice racer and a Wave fan. I have had the opportunity to sail my wife's Wave for six months now. I raced in the Nationals a few weeks ago just 10 miles south of my home in Merritt Island, Fl.

The race was put on by Scott and Dior of Performance Sail and Sport in Melbourne, Fl.

WHAT A FRIGGIN BLAST! I have raced cars, landed on carriers and crashed airplanes and I can say that the Wave racing was right up there. Getting my butt kicked by 72 year old sailors is ok with me. They were more than happy to give advice.

I have a standard Wave. How did I do? Well, on the races that I competed I had a few legs that I was right in there. Had I been smarter and knew what I was doing I would have done much better. I had fun.

The wind was gusting to 25 the first day and the waves were an issue but I hung in there. The beer and BBQ were excellent and the friendships made were a bonus.

So after reading this thread I would say that you guys need to do whatever you think is right to bring out more people like me. We have a chance to be right in the mix with stock boats as proven by Scott who raced a stock boat and did very well.

Jack, I hope Flika and you are doing well!

Eddie Moran