Ohh, there is one thing I don't like about the sites like sailing anarchy.

Every gain made by BMWO is attributed to the design of DOGZILLA of the superiority of the BMWO crew and never to any favourable windshift.

while

Every gain by Alinghy is invariable "explained away" by refering to favourable differences in pressure or a "lucky" windshift.

They bitch endlessly about E. and A. but act themselves as a bunch of the greatest vinegar pissers I have ever met.

Do I like the personality of Ernesto ? I don't know, but I'm beginning to understand why he is giving the cold shoulder to any reporter from such fan bases.

I think the BMWO team themselves are alot more respectful of their opponents and the varying conditions then their fan base.

Point in case. When BMWO rolled up their jib in race 1 team A. won back alot of ground over the next 10 minutes. Spithill simply explained that such a sail change is always followed by a period of dialing in the rig to the new settings; obviously a thing team A. also had to content with when they switched over from the genoa to the solent jib (blade jib) and BMWO made great gains. On Sailing Anarchy this 10 minute stretch of losing ground by BMWO is simple ignored alltogether and they make it sound like removing the BMWO jib was like hitting the turbo boost button, when it REALLY wasn't. Of course they make a great point of saying the wing just motored over A. when A. made their sail change. Could it be that E. and fan bases like Sailing Anarchy deserve eachother ? I don't really see the latter occupying the high ground here (where team BMWO itself does)

Tell it like it is guys !

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 02/15/10 05:40 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands