One other 'selling point' on the Vipers, the kid's parrents can get on board and race with the kid too!

Then cue the Viper video with Matt and Zack Lynch.

This is dad's dream. Thousand and thousands of Hobie 16 dad's have raced with their kids.

Think about this.... This father son scene is NOT a selling point for a junior.... That would make the viper just another boat where dad needs crew.... it probably seems about the same as going out on the family cruiser where you get to hank on the jib and all of the other fore deck work.

When you were a kid... did you want your parents with you on the bike ride to where ever you thought would be cool?

We have 30 years of parents sailing with their kids on Hobie 16's... must be 100,000 boats sold..... Yet, How many second generation racers do you know? I don't think that dad driving with kid on the front end of the boat is a junior sailing program. I have never seen any data on this but I think it's remarkable how few "hobie kids" caught the sailing bug.

The rest of the sailing world has their kids off sailing their own little boats.... The conversion to life long sailors might not be great but I argue it's probably better then what us catamaran sailors have achieved. .. Basically, its the same thing as your own bike and when you were up for it.. your own trip to where ever. It's your chance to take on the sea and nature by your self.

Kids need their own boats to own the experience and responsibility....

I would not confuse the issue. The Viper club is a boat for young sailors.

The platform has a life beyond junior sailing. Eg... Laser and Laser Radial. (Make dad ask to borrow the thing).

crac.sailregattas.com