Kris

Have you confirmed that Roton Point will be able to RC three days of racing? This event is usually a two day regatta and always a conflict with Chesapeake regattas.

You mentioned Race Week Saturday... FYI... I would not advise trying to get a start at Annapolis Race Week. They put the big boat circle (Farr 40's, PHRF A0, A1, Benne 36.5, J105 and J35's on the circle. They already have issues with the J105's. I know AYC would not mix cats on the course... (I spoke with Jeff B several years ago... they have a slow burn about the 105's already).

Second problem... they rendezvous in the middle of the bay and then try to set the course well away from the confluence of the West and South River.... It was a 45 minute motor at 6 knots to the race course this weekend. We were almost on the eastern shore this weekend. If you crash... it would be a tow boat USA scene to get back to the river or wait for the end of the day.

Finally, the party is centered in Annapolis... The 45 minute drive into downtown and then trying to park is a real party killer. The Cal 25 NA's were this weekend and I am told they feel they get a bit lost in the process. They used SSA to host their fleet parties.

These facts are reasons we have not tried to get a start in the NOODS in the spring as well. The SSA dinghy classes run their own regatta rather then fit in with the NOODs as well.

Mark

crac.sailregattas.com