Macca I took your example of Carnac at face value but imo, it doesn't hold up as proof of very much. We knew the ladies in question were good sailors before the event took place.

"so I guess being 119kg is not so bad (scored1,1,1,1,2,1,3)" No disresect to any of the participants but it doesn't sound like a very strong fleet. JC and Dalton beat me, last weekend, by quite a large margin but that doesn't make them world champions or even speak to their (considerable) prowess.

Did any team ever win the Olympics by such a margin, on Torando or any other boat?

Let's consider how "a fresh team with no training time at all prior to the event" would fare against an Olympic fleet. I'm guessing their score would be considerably less impressive than the one posted above.

"Now imaging how an Olympic level team would perform after countless hours training?"

Why? Against whom? A fleet of club racers? What would the result prove? Do you expect that these ladies would repeat their Carnac score against an Olympic fleet?

I think a result must be repeatable in order to be varified as fact. For me to accept your 120 kg premise you'll need to present more results.

Last edited by pgp; 10/26/10 07:31 AM.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.