Hi guys. I've been lurking for a while and finally thought I'd put in my 2 cents (feel free to ask for a refund). If we look ahead to mixed crews and the boats available there's a few options avaiable:

T: Proven track record in Olympics. Bit big for mixed crews worldwide (yes, the current world champs are mixed but this is the exception rather than the norm). This is the turnkey solution.

Hobie Tiger: Proven manufacturer. Can be sailed with mixed crews. Boat sits within F18 class rules but also has "the blue sticker". So, if someone decides to campaign for the olympics they have the best of both worlds. One design racing for Olympic qualifying spots and an incredibly strong F18 fleet to participate and train in. F18 association don't get their nose out of joint because it's a dated design that top F18 sailors won't go back to thereby offering protection to the ideals of the class, while still promoting it.

16 foot high performance: Probably the Viper as it's a great boat with a track record and production capacity. It's size will mean the sailors will have to be lighter.

H16: Great as the "Laser" of the multihull world. Global participation. But, it's a H16.

Custom Design: Not likely as there's enough manufacturers out there with an option already.

Any others? Is one of the above a stand out against the rest?