MN3,

The last apartment I rented charged $600 per year for boat storage (not mast up,) so yes, $1200 doesn't sound too bad. That said,
if I had my own boat, I probably wouldn't store it at the sailing center. The reason I want my own boat is so I can sail it other places (including Dunedin Causeway,) so mast up storage would be a bit of a pain. I don't consider what the guys do at the causeway "mast up storage" though. It's more like "leave the boat on the beach and hope the tourists don't bother it too much" storage. It's on par with leaving your boat in a busy park.

As for the Sailing Center not serving cat sailors... I have to agree to some extent although they are trying to get better. They have plenty of cats (Waves, Getaways, a H16, H17, and a Tiger,) but the space to sail in is really too limited for a Tiger or F16. I watch the F18s and F16s and by the time they have the spinnaker up and drawing well, they have to take it down.

My goal is to get an F16, keep it at home and sail in Dunedin, Clearwater, and maybe compete in Hiram's Haul one day. I will still keep my CCSC membership though. The community there is grate.

Daniel T.
Taipan F16 - USA 213